Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Stronghold


The Lord Is My Rock and My Fortress
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
Psalms 18:1-3 (ESV).
The next couple of days we will be talking about strongholds. That word is not one we use very often but by the time we are done Lord willing they will be sealed inside our heart and mind.
Last night our folks were here so we went downtown to the courthouse which is amazing. In front there is the cannon you see above. I asked Rich to give me his explanation of a stronghold from a military point of view. He described a fortress and at the center of the fortress was the cannon. The fortress itself wasn't the key to defending the fort but the cannon sure was.
There are a couple kinds of strongholds and we will be talking about each of them in the next few days. For now, I would like to leave you with this picture in your mind and one more verse.
The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalms 9:9 (ESV)
Thank you so much Father for being that stronghold for us, in Jesus' precious name and authority, Amen.
In Christ Alone,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment