Sunday, August 15, 2010

My List

Good morning and happy Monday. I hope you spent some time with the LORD this weekend. I challenged you to make a list of things that Jesus thought about on Friday. If we are to be Christ-like then we need to work on thinking like Jesus. So here is my top three list.

1. LOVE If you read the gospels the central theme was all about relationships. When love covers our relationships we behave in a way that would be Christ like
2. THE LOST Over and over Jesus thought about the lost. He spent the majority of his time drawing people to him so that they received the living water he was offering
3. UNITY In John’s account of Jesus’ last prayer before the crucifixion he prayed about unity among believers. When I read the prayer I want to weep. He wanted all believers to be united.
What is on your list? What do you think Jesus thought about?



So this list has got me to thinking. How well do I do loving others? Do I put a premium on relationships? Am I short with others, critical or judgmental? Do I love the unlovable? When I see people who obviously don't know the LORD do I have a heart that aches for where they are in life? Then there is unity. Constant conflict invades our days. God must weep that we have so many churches that just bicker and devour each other. These are things I am going to start focusing on, what about you?


Tomorrow is Gratituesday. Here is how it works. I am going to post what I am thankful for. I would love for you to read it and then comment on what YOU are thankful for. It really is a blessing to read what others are thankful for.
In Christ Alone
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Jill, it's not letting me post a comment under GratiTuesday's post. The other comment links seem to work, however.

    Today I am thankful for my husband.

    ReplyDelete