Monday, August 30, 2010


Good morning to each of you. I hope you spent some time worshipping with other believers this weekend to honor and glorify our Father.

We have been talking about strongholds the past couple of days. I hope you have given some thought to the concept. When I think of being in a battle (which we are in every day if you are trying to follow God) then there are times that we ask to be delivered from our enemies.

When I picture being delivered I think of running towards the fortress in the first picture I showed last Thursday. If we receive deliverance from God then I see him scooping me up in his arms in just the nick of time so the enemy can’t snatch me. Hmm, just the nick of time. God truly is my deliverer. When I try to run towards the fortress on my own the enemy ALWAYS catches me because I don’t have the strength alone. There is only one who can deliver and that is our Savior.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; 2 he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge,
Psalms 144:1-2 (ESV)
God will deliver us sister. It might not “feel” like it right now but truly he is worthy of all praise because he is our deliverer.
Think of that today. Tomorrow is Gratituesday. Please be thinking about what you are thankful for and tomorrow go to the website and post what you are thankful for.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment