Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Battle Belongs to the LORD

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Battle Belongs to the LORD
On Monday I shared some thoughts on our minds and how Satan is in a great battle to win our hearts and our minds. I remember the commercial that said, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"One of my favorite Bible characters is David. He was so imperfect! In today's terms we would call him a dirty rotten scoundrel for what he did to Bathsheeba's husband. The God of the Universe saw so much more to David. He saw a man who struggled with lust and poor choices but also wanted to be pure in God's sight.When David went up before Goliath and the Philistines he recognized who was really in the battle. Listen to what he says in 1 Samuel 17:46:

"This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, and that all this assembly may know that the LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORD's and he will give you into our hands."

Sister, we are in a spiritual battle with Satan for our minds. So today I would like you to meditate on this fact, the battle is the LORD's.
Till tomorrow
In Christ Alone,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. thanks Jill for that awesome reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, would you mind emailing me and we can set up a time to talk. I would like to talk with you about alternatives for your husband.

    I have had the pleasure of having Janet work with me this year, your assistant of past. So as a result have prayed for you and your family.

    Really feel the need to chat with you.

    God's blessings,
    Lynn Woodley SCC Oregon
    solehaven@me.com
    solehavenwellnesscenter.blogspot.com
    lynnwoodley@genbook.com

    ReplyDelete